FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regionals offer better service than mainline
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:06 pm
ND76

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I've never experienced a drought in F on a Delta mainline jet on the DCA-JFK route; I can't remember a trip in the past 12 months where I didn't get a PDB and at least one drink aloft (I was 100% on upgrades on this particular route in both directions). However, the seating on a CRJ-900 in F is better than on a 717, where if you are in rows 2 or 3 and the person in front of you reclines you have less than 2 cellphone lengths between your forehead and the back of the seat in front of you. The 319s generally have live TV, which is nice.

I've had some really good crews on regional jets this year, but I've also had some really fine crews on the Big D also. I had a really good year in the air in 2018; let's hope for more in 2019.

The only disappointment I had was that I was at JFK 5 times in 2018, and not once was the T4 Skydeck open.