FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Bans Puppies and Kittens as Service/Support Animals
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:38 pm
Zurick
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
pvn, unfortunately for those who need them, those who don't have hurt all.

flyerCO, I have been called by American Air and they have asked me details. They have specific criteria. YOu are correct, the ADA specifially forbids asking any questions of diagnosis, etc, The ACA does not. Airlines have been tougher after incidences of poop and urine on seat, etc. The ADA definition for a service animal means that they have been trained for a specific act. As we discussed the ACA does not. And it does not say which "mental illness" is required for an ESA. But if you are flying with one, good luck and let us know what happens - not your interpretation of the law or disagreement with AA's interpretation. I am sure that there will be a court case. I flew ATL > GVA this week which is 5 min longer than 8 hours to connection in Amsterdam and they would not let a woman on with her ESA with a "I'm a lawyer and I am going to sue you response"