FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:38 am
Spec1alk

Merged accounts resulted in a new SPG account?

there are probably other posts on this, but thought I would ask. I have been Marriott platinum for about 6 years. I also had an SPG account with a handful of points (maybe 50k), but my Marriott account is my primary and had over 1million points in it.

About 5 months ago I went to book a SPG hotel via Marriott.com for the first time. Part of the booking process had me merge my SPG account with my Marriott account. I did this and it looks like it created a new account (new rewards #), and it looks like it thinks I am a SPG member instead of Marriott rewards. All of my points came over correctly, but I would have rather kept the Marriott as my “primary” account as it had all of my activity.

Should I be worried or am I fine as long as all my points are there? I have seen an error with the Marriott mobile app and I think it’s related to my account being SPG. I have no desire to stop using the Marriott mobile app or website. Am I going to have to deal with strange issues until all the kinks are worked out?