FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:24 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I echo your gripes. They get so many small things wrong it is not even funny any longer and careless doesn't explain it either. Incapable and lack of proper "nuts and bolts" management maybe.

I would agree that management team is resting on glories of certain hotel awards and thinking people will keep dropping 400US$ plus 21% for what is often a patchy experience on the best of days. The new management team (GM & Resort Manager) was quick to raise prices for things like F&B, e.g. Room service, KO, charging for Club pool bale use and so forth without any visible or felt improvements.

One staff was a bit gloating and telling me the last time around that occupancy has been very good for months (not sure I buy it, but fine) until I said that certainly that is easier done when over 100 rooms were out of inventory due to renovations .

We just came back from Bali and didn't stay at the IC, but a boutique resort in a 1bdrm private pool villa in Ubud and I still saved myself a nice chunk of cash doing so for what was a more refined experience. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Dec 30, 2018 at 1:33 am