FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:37 pm
hogo74

Originally Posted by in4tar
I am trying to purchase J tickets on Qatar from DOH to DFW via AA website for November 2019...availability shows just fine, but when I try to proceed, I receive a message "these tickets are no longer available, please modify your search"...when I try a different date in November - same thing...I would have thought that perhaps by November 2019 QR will be out of OneWorld, but then I try the same route but flying BA (for the same day in November 2019), same thing happens again...so it makes me think it's not QR specific...what could it mean?
Originally Posted by atojbk
same issue here... have you tried calling-in to book instead?
Originally Posted by BCasc

Same issue with J avail showing no problem. I called and got the run around re: the booking fee with the first agent I spoke to. I was transferred to “IT” who tried to tell me how to search and they themselves had the same issue. Transferred back to resvs and the agent said “QR isn’t bookable online so I can waive the fee” so easy! So I put the two tix on hold for now. Give a call and be prepared to HUCA (or transfer!).
I'm seeing this issue for J searches NBO-DOH-US (multiple gateways) for mid August 2019. Tons of availability is showing up on aa.combut whenever I select an option and try to proceed with the booking, I get the "these flights are no longer available" message. I have not tried to call yet, what makes me skeptical about this availability being real is that the BA website doesn't bring up any of these flights when searching segment by segment or for the entire trip.