FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - suggestion for RTW ticket in business
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:06 pm
john c wisconsin

Originally Posted by bernyx
I'm coming from Florida with my main to destinations tel aviv and BKK. I don't have to go to tel aviv on the RTW ticket, I can buy a ticket from a nearby destination for the stopover. I attempted to do ATl to IST, then to BKK, then return to US but it kept saying this is not allowed on the site
bernyx,

I am not sure what part of ANA you are on so can I throw a few questions at you so we can better help?
- First just to be clear you can not book the RTW ticket on the web site. You need to call in. You can check availability with some of the ANA tools but even then there are some tricks and workarounds.
- Based on what you posted I suspect that ANA is not finding a good combination of flights from ATI to IST. Sometimes I think you need to find the connections and treat them as two flights. Not that the eight stops is an issue with your plans but finding two flights with a short layover is not viewed as a stopover. So for example you might have to find MIA-VIA then VIA (same day)-ATI.
- On your back side you might have to find BKK-TOKYO and then Tokyo to a US city.
- From the times I have searched the best tools I have found is Expert flier once you have an airline and route because you can check 7 days at a time. To start you should be on the ANA award reservation search and use the "multiple cities/mixed classes" button. See screen shot below. When using this always add one more segment that can be anything to sort of fake out the system as it errors out on the last one. Adding a fake one to the end allows you to see the second to last one.
- Finally feel free to post or private message me some more details so I might help you with some options. Let me know dates and lengths of stay on your ideal route. How many seats and if you are trying to hit one of the ANA RTW distance levels that determine how many points you need.

John