FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sweet-talking your way into the CCR - unacceptable
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:19 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well as some of you know I'm ordinarily resident for tax purposes in the CCR, but I must admit I've not seen that before. Indeed I've certainly seen people try it on and being politely but firmly told "absolutely no way". The other tactic is to kind of mishear and react as if being asked for directions: "oh yes, you're nearly at the right place, just turn around and you see those escalators going up over there...." So yes, leaving aside the details here, I think this couple were extraordinarily lucky.

But standing back from that, it is amusing to see yet another example of why some people really, really want to get into the CCR, when there are plenty of people in this forum who give the impression it's sub-par to the Cathay lounge. Now I disagree with that view, while accepting that CX First is nevertheless a fine lounge which we are lucky to have in LHR, but I'm quite sure the lovely Cathay agents aren't put under anything like this sort of pressure.