FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:47 am
robertoYYJ

Programs: Aeroplan (SE100K, 1MM), Executive Club, SkyPass, Accor Live Limitless (Gold)
I join the chorus of thanks to Adam (and his occasional collaborators) for this exceptional tool. As 2018 draws to an end I found myself in the unenviable (or enviable?) position of having flown less than usual during the year due to having been based in Europe for a few months. I had to concoct a SE100K mileage run (my AQD was already way over the top, no trouble there) and with the help of the spreadshhet I determined that dinner in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (YYG) would just do the trick from my home base in Victoria, BC (YYJ) - a jump clear across Canada. The total from the spreadsheet for 3 hops each way was spot on; kudos for the Haversine calculator that divined exactly the missing official mileage YUL-YYG. The only thing that the tool could not predict was the amazing quality of the oysters I enjoyed close to midnight at The Gahan House in Charlottetown, PEI; highly recommended.

Huge thanks again, and a happy new year to everyone!

P.S. If anyone is about to make revisions to the spreadsheet (a single addition to the AQM table hardly seems worth it), YUL-YYG is 513 miles.