FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hua Hin for family beach holiday
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:41 am
trueblu

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by rbAA
The HI Resort Mai Khao has been one of our favorites and Thomas, the GM, is a great guy to get to know. Ask for one of the 1st floor swim up rooms with the patio that goes into the semi-private, shared, pool(s.) We usually get one at Building 8 as it's close to the breakfast area, but still private enough. Since you are travelling with children, they have a similar swim-up "family suite" with children's play area (and video game player if that's their thing,) in the second bedroom, near the day care building. If you are booking two rooms, they usually will give that to you, or just do two ajoining rooms on the 1st floor. Good "beach" restaurants on both sides of the property.
That's really useful to know, thank you. Except for the first night, I've booked with points, so could only book a standard room...the family rooms look great, I agree, but sadly unlikely to be. Also, I couldn't book reward nights with 2 kids, although we won't need any extra bedding, and the actual website allows for up to 2 kids to "stay free" as long as no extra bedding required. I was thinking of emailing nearer the time that I forgot to include my younger child in the booking...will that be an issue?

Great to know that there are beach restaurants...I couldn't find out much about such on a quick internet search, and that's something we really enjoyed on previous visits to Surin beach.

Any other tips?

tb