FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:58 am
shoven

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
IC London The O2

IC London The O2

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes very happy, booked 2 rooms 1 for 3 nights paid and the other a 1 night reward booking

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a twin deluxe for 3 nights which was upgraded to a 1 Bed city Intercontinental Suite and for the 1 night reward a superior room which was upgraded to a club room

How are the rooms?
Excellent condition still, the 1 Bed suite is a good size it has a guest bathroom as you enter to the left with the lounge area straight ahead which consisted of a dining table and a sofa which could also be converted in to a bed this faced the window which had a nice view of the river. The separate bedroom was quite large lovely comfortable bed nice view of the river again 42inch tv in both rooms there is also a small desk as you walk to where the wardrobes and entrance to the main bathroom are. Ok size bathroom although the bath tub is a little small but the separate rain shower is a decent size, Anne Semonin toiletries which were quite nice.
Also should add that we had no issue with the aircon we were able to adjust the temp without issue we had it set at 18 degrees for most of the stay.

How is the exec. lounge?
Only used the lounge for evening drinks but found it enjoyable for the most part, It was self service while we were there, the drinks were well stocked with 5 or 6 choices of beer and a cider option most of the normal spirit options nothing outstanding but decent enough and the wine options were a couple of red and white and 1 sparkling there were plenty of bottles so you could take one to your table if you wanted.
They had the usual selection of soft drinks and juices but what was nice was a fridge that was away from the main f&b area that had the addition of Franklin & Sons soft drinks I'm assuming this is the fridge to get drinks from outside of the evening drinks time.
Food was fairly limited with 3 hot snacks things like chicken satay and crispy prawns plus a couple of cold options with some cheese taste was decent enough to go with a few drinks might not satisfy someone on a work trip but we had dinner plans each night so was ok.
One thing of note is children are allowed and one night was full with families with young children which some may not enjoy although there are 2 sitting areas and the families did seem to head towards the one at the left of the entrance at the back.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A Christmas themed box of macarons

How was the minibar?
Nothing special 2 beers 1 cider 2 white wine which were not bad usual soft drinks and 4 miniatures also a £20 phone charger and adaptor kit which my 14yr old decided to open lucky for him it was not charged, all of which were replenished daily without having to ask.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Full RA benefits for both rooms
Audrey from guest relations called the day before to check room upgrades were suitable as the original booking for 1 of the rooms was for twin beds
Breakfast in main restaurant
The Bed was very very comfortable
Club Lounge although different from say Bangkok or Hong Kong in terms of service but we still had a good time there
Location and View

-Bad
Check in was a little slow and the fact that I had 3 paid nights on 2 separate bookings seemed to throw the 2 staff off the first was a trainee who asked for assistance from another member of staff fair enough but the second member of staff seemed to get flustered by it also. I was also told at check in my keys would need re-coding due to the 2 separate bookings which I thought odd but after the second night I did have to get the keys re-done which I have never had to do before.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Great upgrade on both the paid room and reward room, rate we paid for time of year was also good so felt we got excellent value.

Would you return?
Yes in a couple of weeks.