FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia booking system time zone bug for US customers
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:26 pm
CO-PLAT

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Same thing happened to me when I was booking this week's flights with Air Asia last month. Luckily, I caught it before paying and had to fool the system my initiating searches for flights with a 1 day offset from when I really wanted to fly.

Make sure you get to SIN & PEN airports VERY early. Everything (check-in and luggage dropping) is self-service and the ques are ridiculous. In PEN yesterday some of the self-service kiosks were out of order which made things even worse. We had to plea with staff to cut in front of the lines or would have missed our flight. I'm doing KUL-Bangkok tomorrow and intend to arrive at KUL at least 2.5 hours before departure time.

I once had Air Asia cancel a flight on me due to protests that shut down the Bangkok airport. It took me over 9 months and two in-person visits in Thailand to get a refund.

Having the Air Asia app and checking in online helps, but you still have to que at the kiosk to print your boarding pass.