FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:24 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Anybody not getting the full points from hotel stays? Just got my Aspire statement with my 2 stays on it. I am missing over 5000 points. When I called the CSR, she said the points from the hotel stays would appear on the next statement. When I asked what the points listed as from Hilton family hotels for this month were coming form, she said it was from the previous month's hotel stays. However I had no stays the previous month. She refused to look into it further and told me to wait until the next month. She said she sees the proper # of points next to the hotel stays.

Are ppl getting their points from hotel stays on the same statement the hotel stay charges appear or in the next month's?
I just got off chat with Amex because I received straight 3X on my Dec 19 statement, which included a Hilton stay for around $800 (14X on my Aspire). They fed me the same story -- they can see the points as pending and claim the process is that they will post with the next statement. (first she actually said they post 24-48 hrs after the statement closing, then when I pointed out it had been 10 days, it turned into "next statement"). That's news to me and certainly the Nov statement posted the bonus Hilton stay credit as a separate line item, but at the same time as the 3X points.

Put a to-do item in my list to contact them again after the Jan statement closes, assuming those points don't magically appear in the meantime.

They were also not willing or able to post $250 Aspire resort credit after 6 weeks. Wait 8-12 weeks, she said. Another to-do item.