FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multi-city trip on CX (USA-HK-China)
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:18 am
an1100345

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I flew SFO-(o)HKG-(o)TNA-(o)HKG-SFO on a multi-city ticket (because of the multiple stopovers). I checked in with my US passport in SFO, with my HRP in HKG (for TNA) and in TNA, and my US passport again in HKG (for SFO). There was no problem even though my HRP name follows the HKID and the first and middle names are reversed from my ticket.
Sorry if I am asking too many questions, just want to make sure. But when you do multi-city to HKG and TNA, did you do OCLI for any part of the trip at all? And is your first and middle name reversed on your ticket done on purpose?

Originally Posted by xuukgo
Chinese mainland citizens are not allowed to have dual nationalities, Hong Kong and Macao citizens can. So if you are not mainland citizen I think that’s fine?

And for your trip, do you have Chinese Visa in your US passport? If you have, then China government would have known about your US citizenship. If not, you can’t trvael to China using US passport, airport agent will need to perform document check and they will need to have a valid document in the system - this would be HRP if there is no Chinese Visa.
Hong Kong and Macao citizens technically aren't allowed to have dual nationalities since they are part of China after all, but the law's been very ambiguous and many people have dual nationalities these days. And I've never applied for a Chinese visa for my US passport so I should be fine for that part.