FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odd Amex Behavior - Points not posting to hotel/airline accounts
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:15 pm
michaelr

Confirmed - Transfers are blocked

I did hear back. Amex confirmed my concern. It is a template and does contain a couple of mistakes.

1. We did not request any additional points. We simply wanted the bonus points and the ones earned for the spend.
2. The complaint was about Starwood / Marriott only. However, the response mentions Hilton as well. I had not mentioned the Hilton card, but it is safe to assume, it is blocked as well.

It will be interesting to see, if the points will be unblocked eventually. My plan is to let 8 weeks pass and then reinitiate a complaint. Statement travel and hotel credit have not been affected whatsoever.

Dear Ms. R,

We’re writing in response to your recent correspondence to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite your points earned on your American Express Starwood Luxury Card or issue the requested additional points.
Thank you for your Card Membership since 1985. We know how valuable Starwood points are and understand the concerns you have about the transfer of points you earned with the promotional offer. The welcome offer associated with the October 02, 2018 application provided you an opportunity to earn 100,000 bonus points after $5,000.00 or more in eligible purchases are made on the Card within the first three months (92 days) of Card Membership.
You are a long-standing customer of ours and we appreciate you giving us an opportunity to serve you. We offer the welcome bonus to first time customers as a way for them to try the benefits and rewards associated with our Cards. The terms of the offer explain that If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit bonus points to your account. In accordance with these terms, we are currently reviewing your account which has temporarily suspended the transfer of your points to Hilton. Once we have completed our review your points will be transferred if we determine that you complied with the terms of the promotion.

Thank you for your Card Membership.

Sincerely, [Name] Customer Advocate Services Team American Express Global Services Group, Salt Lake City, UT

Last edited by michaelr; Dec 27, 2018 at 6:38 pm Reason: Remove employee name per FT privacy policy.