FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long-Haul Basic Economy ticket
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:18 pm
TribalistMeathead

Originally Posted by dddc
I really think the marketing team don't have any children, or any clue, of what they are trying to convey half the time. Lots of flowery words while missing the point. The product should be called "No checked luggage (unless the cabin is full and we deem it ok to lob your bag downstairs for our convenience, not yours) and no seat choice fare". I won't add the cancellation and changes options to the title as that will make it just too long a mouthful........ I should really be in marketing
I'm almost conspiracy-minded enough to think that's a deliberate attempt to steer people into the more expensive Standard Economy tickets (see also: the fact that I scoured the "traveling with children" pages and didn't find a single reference to the fact that, when booking flights that include an infant ticket, you can pre-select any seat in Y for free, even when purchasing a Basic Economy ticket; I stumbled on that by doing a dummy booking). The current delta between Basic and Standard is USD70, and I wouldn't pay the extra money for Standard if I thought all I was getting was a free checked bag, but if I also thought I wasn't getting any food or drink, I might.