FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Redemption Help RTW help... please?
Thread: Redemption Help RTW help... please?
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:41 am
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shinigami
...I'd love to get some advice on a RTW trip. I recently hit over a million miles. Just with no status to speak of, as it always fell short of my usage (and I gathered most using Coop points, M&M credit cards, etc). Took about ten years...

As I recently got married. I now have an opportunity to do a Honeymoon RTW trip (she's OK to wait for this to be planned properly), and was thinking something along the lines of First class (or Business class) as follows:

CH (Geneva or Zurich), CA (Toronto or Montreal), US (first Las Vegas, then Hawaii), JP (Tokyo), AU (Sydney), SG (Singapore), TH (Bangkok), HK (Hong Kong), DE (Frankfurt probably... not picky) and back to Switzerland.

Plan is to do this between June and December of next year, can take up to 4 weeks if it has to... What do you think? Did I make a big mistake, are there some changes I should make, I'm not too bothered visiting New Zealand, mostly interested in re-visiting Hawaii, Tokyo, Sydney, Singapore and Hong Kong. The rest is less important.
Far too many destinations in 4 weeks. 4 months more like the time needed. In 4 weeks with that many flights you will be spending a lot of time getting to/from airports, at airports and flying.

Route map, but very likely not all available as non stop flights. So will be more flights/airports.
Route is not that efficient. A lot of back tracking around getting/from SYD.
ZRH-YUL-LAS-HNL-NRT-SYD-SYD-SIN-BKK-HKG-FRA-ZRH -->Great Circle Mapper

What research have you done on award availability?
Many airlines/routes do not have first class. Aircraft with first class is decreasing. Some short routes may not have business class

Consider these Award booking services - a list and some reviews