FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:46 pm
Exec_Plat

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by redtop43
I had a bag destroyed by AA about a month ago. It appears it was run over. It was a softside bag and there was minimal outside damage but the inside of the bag was basically destroyed.

At the airport they offered me a new bag from their "off the shelf" inventory, or to replace the bag I had. It was a standard item and I asked for a replacement. When I got home, they sent me a FedEx tag to have it send to a company, something like "Rhynn's Luggage."

About how long should it take for the replacement to arrive? I don't need the bag urgently but I want to know how long before I start calling and saying "Hey, where is it?"

As I said, it was kind of a standard item, it was a Travelpro Crew 7 folding garment bag, they're now on the Crew 11 series but the same model is available.
huh. You just gonna wait a few months, then some no-name bag shows up...and you are SOL. What makes you think some clerk at Rhynn will think a TPCrew 11 is the right replacement????

Id say "I'm going to replace it, where should I send the receipt for reimbursement?"

Always try to limit the power to screw you