FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Renwick Hotel NYC, Curio Collection by Hilton - Only for a night
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:54 pm
77Pat

The Renwick Hotel NYC, Curio Collection by Hilton - Only for a night

Introduction I was getting a little cramped in my apartment just outside the city. Decided to do a little staycation after Christmas, since I had a feeling I would be in for a busy morning and didn't want to rush. This location allowed me to go from a 60 minute commute with transfer, to a 10 minute walk. I have just recently upgraded from the Amex Ascend to Aspire and with it from Gold to Diamond.The last minute booking had an Honors prepay rate of $97, but I went for the 2x points option at $104. With Taxes/Fees, total was $124. Location The Renwick Hotel is located in the Murray Hill section of Manhattan. Two blocks south of Grand Central. Check In Booked the night before arrival. Around 10pm I received notice that check in via the app was available. Originally it did not show any room choices, but that they would upgrade me if they had availablity. I waited/checked again the next morning.Around 6:30am there were 16 rooms available for my room type (Gallery King - High Floor). Checked again at 10:30am, 10 rooms available (online availability went from Gallery King, GK High Floor, One Bed Suite, OBS High Floor to just Gallery King and OBS), no automatic upgrade.Decided to OLCI and chose room 1508 (when checking earlier 1608 was available, but had since disappeared). I decided to check in vs wait until showing, because I knew I wouldn't show until at least 8pm (and wanted a higher floor/South facing in case of noise, and not be overbooked).I showed up shortly before 8 and when given my key, found that I had been given 1608. I received two vouchers for $10 credit towards food/beverage or continental breakfast in Bedford & Co., the hotel's restaurant. Room My room was on the 16th floor and had windows which would partially open, allowing a little fresh air.The bed was comfortable, on the firm side. The pillows were soft.I liked the addition of the temperature control next to the bed. The unit was silent. Plenty of outlets/USB receptacles for all devices.The cabinet swings out to provide space to hang items/ironing board. Bathroom Reading past reviews, I saw mentions of Apotheke. Looks like they might be switching to CO Bigelow. The bathroom was larger than the one in my apartment. I liked that the controls for the shower were on the opposite wall. Many times I have had to go through too hot/cold water to fiddle. The water pressure was enough, although could be slightly better. Dining Breakfast is stated to start at 7am, I went a few minutes early and there were already a couple people starting on their meal. I had previously had dinner at Bedford & Co., without a hotel stay. That time I had the burger, which I would recommend. This time, I was not feeling the carb heavy continental breakfast. I ordered the Two eggs (any style) with chicken apple sausage, and a coffee.I was expecting to only be able to use one of the vouchers, but they took both. The meal was $21.xx, so I was left to cover $1.xx+tip. The meal was satisfying and kept me full for most of the morning. Overall Although it was just for a night, I could see staying here again. Although some may find the room a little small, compared to a similar level hotel I have tried, I found this to be a good size.