FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milan and Venice in late December .
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:03 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Actually, Perché, I find Milan one of the places I like the most. Maybe that's because the endless crowds of tourists simply stay away. Maybe it's because I find oases of beauty in much maligned places, such as the Ruhrgebiet in Germany. You only have to keep your eyes open and look up in the streets of Milan, and you can find all sorts of interesting details. And the bars and restaurants, if you know where to go, can be simply great.

While I'm posting, I will be there on Saturday 5th January. Do you think I will be able to find a decent lunch place, or will everything still be closed up? I recall a place where railway employees used to go, not far from Stazione Centrale, where I had an excellent lunch once. I found out about it on this forum, in a thread about dining in Milan (I will go searching for that thread in a moment, hopefully I can find it again). Might have been the Osteria del Treno on via S. Gregorio, which is straight down via Vittor Pisani about 3 blocks then left down the side street that via S. Gregorio is. Ah... I've just seen on their website that there is no lunch service on Saturdays.