FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VGC's and AGC's from Office Depot
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:56 pm
ZeroMile

Originally Posted by rxgeek
My local OD called "Chase" when I tried to buy 2 $200 vgcs during a promo. The cashier said the card was denied. I called the number on my card and they said they had no idea why as the card was never put in the POS terminal. I later called OD corp and they explained that the store may call Chase retail services for an approval for cc purchases over $200. Anyone else have this issue?
that happened to me long time ago (before the chip card), they ask me to give them the card so they can call Chase or AMEX, to get an pre-approve/authorize number for the amount I purchased, then tell me slid the card , which it get authorized again for the same amount, my card fraud alert kicked in, denied the charge. by the second time, I talk to manager, I tell them I believe that cashier is calling a phone number that is not Chase nor AMEX, they just have other end write down all my card's info, they can use it or sell that later, I wanted their Corp office or Manager to investigate this instant, and I like to make a police report in case my CC info is been stolen. Manager insured me this is their store policy and they are calling credit company.( which I already know) but after that day, they never called CC for pre-Approve again.