FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) restricts bonus based on number of accounts opened/closed (June 2018)
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:59 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgriff
I think we all agree that I got the bonus because it was an NLL offer -- question is whether I was sent the targeted NLL offer because I had tried to apply and gotten the "you've already had this card" message and gave up, or if it was just a coincidence that Amex sent me the NLL offer shortly after I did that.
I would be inclined to think just a coincidence because those targeted offers are probably generated weeks before you made the attempt to apply, and then just sent out in batches.

Nobody has cracked the codes on how to increase the chance to get targeted, let along trigger one.

In the past 2.5 years I have received 2 PRG targeted offers and 1 the current Gold offer with the latter while I am still owning the PRG from the 2nd targeted offer. All of them NLL. I did not take the offer of the current Gold. It just feel odd to apply with an existing account of the same product. Though I have read that some people have applied, AND received the bonuses. The key is the NLL and that is all the system goes by I suppose. My husband has not ever received a targeted offer of PRG. Yet his targeted Delta offers are far better than what I have received.

I also got 150K upgrade offer to Ascend while his was to Aspire. Took several more months before he then received an email for the same Ascend upgrade offer. We have not taken any. No reason to do when no plan to stay at international full service Hilton properties the next 6 to 9 months.

I would say, enjoy the targeted offers when they come, but not be bothered by that if they dont.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 25, 2018 at 1:09 pm