FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walking from Terminal 1 to 2 at BKK - how long?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:28 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
Just booked a TPE-BKK-ARN flight. TPE-BKK is with EVA and BKK-ARN is with Thai Airways. Both in business - so will get off plane early.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk, not rushed, from Terminal 1 to 2 as it looks like EVA and Thai are in separate terminals.

The MCT is 1 hr 15 minutes, and I have 1 hr 40 minutes between flights. Recently I did a 1 hr 25 minute transit in Hong Kong and it was a fast walk as I had to go the whole length of the airport pretty much. The gates were the maximum distance apart!

Ideally I could stop in a lounge for a brief visit (Get a 30 min massage? Does this need to be scheduled?) ....I thought about a longer connection, but that would be 7 hours+ and I wanted to fly EVA...so I went with the shorter one.
Bangkok only has a single terminal, which is divided into concourses A-G. (A is domestic only.)

The walk between the concourses can be very long - more than 800 metres. This also applies on arrival where the walk to transit security can be up to 800 metres.

You should allow about 10 minutes to get from your plane to transit security (moving travellators help speed things up). transit security can be anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes or more depending on passenger flow. If you arrive late you can try and get to the front of the queue. There is no express transit security for business class.(I spent about 40 minutes waiting a couple months ago at 7pm - lots of connecting pasengers.)

You need to be at the gate around 30 minutes before departure, and allow a good 10-15 minutes to walk to the gate, depending where your lounge/departure gate is.

So you might have half an hour or more spare - certainly worth airming for the 30 min spa treatment.