View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 18, 2:12 pm
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
So update on doing a child booking - called Smartbuy several times. They said they can't do a separate child booking. Yatra could not do it either. Couldn't do a new booking through SOTC either - need to enter DOB there as well.

So I had to do it over the phone with 6E & 9W as adult bookings but those sites don't ask for age. I could have done it online on 9W & 6E's respective websites and then called them to link the bookings to my PNR with a note. But doing it all at once on the phone was easier.

Couple of interesting observations:
1. 6E allows you to HOLD a ticket for 72 hours without paying. Now that's neat and something I didn't know about.
2. The DOB that you put into Smartbuy is bogus. Because they throw up a "default" age into the airlines ticketing system - 2/2/70. Still since Smartbuy was showing an adult age even though it was incorrect I decided not to risk it and book through the airlines websites directly where I didn't have to enter any DOB.

Of course lost my 33% discount on some fairly expensive tix.