FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible New Long Haul Air Canada Routes in the next 5 years
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:49 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy

AC could if they wanted shift some capacity out of YVR to YYC, particularly, for example, their summer seasonal Europe routes (DUB, CDG, ZRH). I doubt many people would mind the short hop as it's going the correct way; AC could even share the capacity (5x YVR, 2x YYC) with connections between both to facilitate. They just choose not to - either because they make more money keeping it the way it is, or the overall network strategy of not growing YYC or driving any traffic through it. It seems less likely now they will do that, given past behaviour and given WS seems to be trying to set up YYC as a fortress hub; it is easier to grow YUL where WS's presence is pathetic. I am still surprised WS launched the 789s out of YYC instead of YYZ.

Canadian tried this. It doesn't work Unless you are looking for the cheapest fare or status chasing, most pax want direct. AC would lose most of their high rue pax on your plan. LH get 2 J return flights from me per year because I will not waste 2 to 3 hours changing planes in YYC