FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card Continuous Technical Issues
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:36 am
LHR Wannabee

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card Continuous Technical Issues

I have had the card 4 months and every month the Hilton Honors Points have been wrong:

-2 of 4 printed statements had no earnings information of any type for that month's transactions. Had to manually look online for each charge and what category designated (to find discrepancies)
-For many charges, even though merchant category was a US restaurant and website said Restaurant - 4 bonus points (plus 3 base), I did not receive the bonus points
-Hilton stays (booked with Hilton directly) and reflected on online statement as being eligible for 14 bonus points (and showed the correct amount)- received 12,546 less than the actual spend.

I have spent hours on the phone with offshore customer service representatives and received 2 letters to date stating that my points were correct and that I needed to educate myself about the earning of "Membership Rewards points" which shows that the offshore person does not know the difference between earning Membership Rewards points and Hilton Honors points.

Anyone else consistently have these types of issues? It is getting quite annoying that every statement I have to spend a ridiculous amount of time keeping track from statement to statement what was not posted correctly. It is really frustrating that there is an apparent disconnect between Amex's internal systems that does not transfer what is reflected online to the actual statements.