FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Redemption on Other Star Alliance Partners
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:56 am
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Not sure if anyone eles has the same problem but SQ wanted to charge a service fee of USD25 just to search for seats on other star alliance partners. My problem with this is that the available inventory online is different from offline and you wouldn't know until you pay SQ to search for you. I found seats showing on Lifemiles but its not available on SQ's own webpage and the staff in the call center is still insistent that offline inventory is the same as online inventory. She checked on the seats for me and finally agreed that SQ's own webpage is not showing the right information as seats are showing as available on her system. How can SIA charge customers for such a simple search when its own system is not showing the correct information online?
The fee is there to "encourage" people to use the website to book award tickets. But the *A awards doesn't work well on the website. So they waive the fee if you're not able to find the itinerary online.

Also, the fee is there to book the flight not to search for inventory.