FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mystical Mandalay on Myanmar National Airlines (Y) and SilkAir (J)
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:44 pm
rtool

Flew UB8082 HKG-RGN in J. Wonderful service
  • J includes free airport transfer both ways (https://www.flymna.com/experience-mna#mingalabar). I only flew one-way.
  • Victor and the Hong Kong reservation desk did a great job setting up and following up (by email and WhatsApp). It's recommended you reach out by email more than 3 business days prior.
  • The CNAC "VIP" lounge in HKG is crap as expected; barely beats mainland Chinese lounge, but it's too far away from the gate. Go for a Priority Pass lounge if you can.
  • Typical on-board service: welcome drink, towels (pre-packaged, warmed). Limited choices in the IFE, but that should really matter for a relatively short flight.
  • You can pre-select your meal online; I opted for the "seafood". I believe they offered some stir-fried noddles as the regular option.
  • Greeted by a Mingalabar rep at gate on arrival. She just pointed me to immigration; handled immigration on my own (without hassle).
  • Greeted by another rep at baggage claim. My bag did take a while to show up; apparently my green "business class" bag tag didn't matter.
  • After grabbing my bag, rep walked me out of terminal, and boarded complimentary shuttle to Yangon hotel. I think this part alone justifies flying J on MNA; no need to haggle, and no worry about getting dropped off at the wrong place.

Last edited by rtool; Dec 23, 2018 at 7:00 pm