FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:21 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
That has changed, recently. The T4 CBP area is now open for business. I went through it just last month.

It's much more pleasant than the long schelpp through TBIT.
That's terrific to hear! I last landed at T4 back in the summer, and we had to do the long walk, and further back was bussed from T4 to TBIT (wow is that annoying).

Back when the T4 facilities closed, I'd read (on FT) that AA had to pay to staff it. I wonder what made them decide it was worth it again?

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Does the flight connections security check point at TBIT have TSA precheck lanes? I will definitely have to use that check point on my LHR-LAX-SAN routing, but was wondering if I could used that on the LAX-LHR outbound if things on the departure level are a bit busy.
In the past, after clearing immigration/customs at TBIT, I always went outside and walked to T4 to take advantage of Pre-Check.

Originally Posted by bzcat
Precheck is now operating at all TBIT TSA locations.
Good to know TBIT now has Pre-Check, as walking outside is unpleasant due to people smoking.

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
remote gate arrivals are (at least sometimes) bussed to TBIT for a walk to customs and immigration at T4 (using the same walkway that used to be used to get people from T4 to TBIT baggage claim).
I wonder why? Maybe has something to do with the cost?