FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:28 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by dimramon
Last year, I asked for a new ambassador after the old one told me to figure out stuff myself, versus helping me. I had good hopes for the new one, and spent about 20-30 minutes on the phone with her for an introductory call. She asked for birthday info, anniversary information, etc... To this day, I still don't know why I had that conversation or what it supposedly did for me.

I don't think I am getting anything out of this service whatsoever that a regular customer service rep couldn't do...
This has basically been my experience. My first ambassador didn't respond. A manager promptly reassigned me. The new ambassador seemed like she would be awesome, but she hasn't delivered on anything. Every upgrade or special request that has been fulfilled has been because of me, not her. In fact, whenever she handled a special request for extra feather pillows and extra towels it was never fulfilled, despite her saying she communicated it to the property liaisons. I'd like to believe her, but I have a hard time believe 7 or 8 properties would blow her off. So either she's not doing her job or the system is broken. She asked me a bunch of my preferences, special dates and the like. Not one hotel has offered an amenity matching my preferences. One hotel gave me an amenity but it was something I don't eat. The whole point of the preferences is to partly avoid giving someone who can't eat nuts, umm, nuts in their room but to also ensure they get something they view as of value.