FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Financial Review discussion
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:37 pm
happyvoid

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by OliverB
I assure you it's happened. Logged in this a.m. to find an alert: "Charging suspended. Please call 1-800-678-0738 if we haven't already spoken with you."

Had no idea what it was about until I ended up on a recorded line w/ someone from lending asking me to update my profile info (tel, email, address, work info, etc) and then was informed that I needed to submit a tax form to restore the account. When asked why account use has been suspended, the rep acknowledged that I had a perfect track record, no missed or late payments, etc. but also indicated that there was no financial records on file and that it's the biggest factor in any line of credit and AmEx is now doing this w/ all accounts and I'm not being singled out. It sounded like BS to me.

Here's what it says in the email I received:

"American Express recently requested that you complete and return a tax form called the 4506T in order to conduct a financial review. The 4506T authorizes American Express to retrieve tax information. We find the review process to be a necessary requirement in order to conduct our business in a prudent and successful manner.

Detailed instructions on how to fill out the 4506T are attached, as well as in the American Express Fax Cover Sheet. In order to avoid closure of the account, it is critical that this information be completed correctly and faxed back to us within the deadline discussed by the American Express representative."
Do you know what trigger the FR? and did you resolve this