FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:45 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bhrubin
It’s interesting how I’m an Ambassador guest who also requires excellent and constant air con for any hotel at which I stay—so much so that I get a guarantee in writing or identifiable manager on the phone confirming the hotel room/suite can maintain 67 F or cooler. And yet I’ve had many hotels that didn’t satisfy that requirement over the years, and I’ve always held the hotels to their guarantee.

I’ve always been firm but polite, insistent but courteous. And I’ve never had a single hotel refuse me service despite my more challenging requirement. I wonder if the same can be said for the OP.

Many if not most hotel chains/groups and even many finer restaurants have systems in place to keep track of commentary about customers.

It seems to me that only those who are disruptive, rude, or needlessly annoying should worry about any records of previous complaints. When complaints are reasonable, such a record goes to help future hotels plan accordingly to better satisfy their customers. When complaints are unreasonable, such a record goes to help future hotels perhaps avoid such customers.
I suggest that you make an effort, when next in the EU/EEA, to try to get all the info that Marriott has about you. It could be a fascinating or boring read, but we won’t know how much you mind about what’s actually in there until after you’ve actually read it all. Or do you have a (non-retail customer) business relationship with Marriott or part of Marriott that has already come with access to this kind of info?