FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:18 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Her mother was probably glad to see her leave!

Seriously Gen Z is very entitled. Their parents ensured that everyone was a winner and that they got whatever they wanted. I see these kids as freshman students at university and the sense of entitlement some of these kids display is amazing. Some parents contact me (against the FERP rules for me to discuss a student with anyone) to "fix" the issue that will cause a student to fail a class. No accountability by the student. The parents of some of the Gen Z population are responsible for these entitled brats. I feel extremely sorry for that GA. Bet the mom is partying this weekend! It is the festive season.
Don't blame a generation for lousy parenting. This isn't a Gen Z problem, this is crap parent problem. If you're gonna blame a generation, blame the parents'.

Also — let's keep in mind this is a uniquely American problem. So, really, blame modern American culture.