FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:14 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I think you’ve mistaken the exception for the rule, particularly for Ambassador guests and particularly at hotels that actually have a decent inventory of suites available.

There are just too many examples where that just isn’t true. In this forum alone. I’ve managed to be upgraded to any number of specialty suites. I’ve also managed to book any number of suites without ever going through a single sales office/department.

I think your perspective may be based on hotels that are much higher occupancy than you want to believe and/or hearing things that are second hand and not the whole story.

And still so many examples herein show that good Ambassador customers get a lot of suite upgrades at even some of the most aspirational and amazing hotels. Even to some higher than standard/select suites on many occasions. But not necessarily when the hotels are sold out, as anyone reasonable might expect.

Actually, you are reading that the way you want and not as it is written: “Platinum Elite members receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room subject to availability for the entire length of stay...”

That is best available room to follow your own literal requirement. It does not say the best available suite as you are trying to insinuate against all common sense and against what is written for all to see. Just as it does not include best available corner room, even though it does include corner rooms. Just as it does not include best available rooms with special views, even though it does include rooms with special views.

You’ve been reading that to suit the preferred interpretation that you’ve chosen and not the obvious and even literal interpretation. Sorry.

It doesn’t matter, as amply demonstrated above. The evidence is ample. You just don’t want to believe it for your own reasons.

I am going to have to doubt that the manager actually said that. Just as you interpreted the terms and conditions above to suit an interpretation you want rather than what is most clearly stated, I think it’s pretty easy to see how you might also have done the same with whatever your Ambassador may or may not have told you second hand that a hotel manager stated. The reporting here is third hand hearsay, and there’s a reason that isn’t admissible in court. I believe that you think that’s what was said, but I’m not convinced that was actually what was said.

You clearly think you’re entitled to something that the hotel didn’t provide to you, even as the same hotel has provided that and more to others here at its discretion. I don’t think you’re building much of a case for a hotel to do things for you in its future discretion, I’m afraid.
We are just going to have to agree to disagree.