FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "This is not a Boarding Pass" - What is required for international online checkin?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:45 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
Well since a visa is required for India they will need to check it.

I can always pick seats within 24 hours of departure on LH but never after check in when the first flight is on UA.
Bringing up this old thread.

So for India, do they still require airport verification before issuing BPs. I ask since India has ETAs now (for tourist, at least), thought maybe they would be able to issue BPs through OLCI by now. But maybe not?

Also, for LH, do you mean 24 hours prior, or 23 hours - which is when LH OLCI typically opens. I'll be flying via UA/LH as well to India, but even if I wait until the last second to check in at the airport, will still be over 23 Hours ahead of LH segment (2 fairly long layovers before my LH flight). I understand I should get seats for the LH flights auto-assigned to me at check in (though I'm not quite clear if that would happen if I use the app to OLCI, or if that would happen when agents do the doc verification at the airport). I assume the travel authorization for an e-visa is good enough for UA/LH?