FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS at Dallas Love Field (DAL)
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:27 am
MJMLBBtoCPH

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
Originally Posted by jrl767

unless you’re MRing, connecting hasn’t been much of an issue for the last couple months since they schwacked the DAL-DCA/LGA flights
Originally Posted by beckoa
Good for AS and DAL... although wish there was some kind of lounge there- had a multi hour delay connecting this year.
I connect almost all the time to AS using WN from West Texas, and not including MCI, DAL is perhaps my least favorite airport for connecting. Sometimes I us WN all the way, but usually I fly AS for the long route of PDX to DAL. I willingly take the risk of a misconnect, but I've been doing this nearly 2 years (almost every week) and so far I've been lucky, no misconnects (though I am sure it will happen at some point). As for lounges and crowds, DAL really is the worst. I so wish DAL had a lounge for quiet time, but lounges are not really part of the WN model. Usually the least crowded gate areas are the AS gates - that's where I sit, even when flying only WN. That's also where the airport workers sit on their breaks. They know about the lack of AS activity. Sounds like that's changing in the fall