FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:28 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Boarded IAH-SYD, my favourite seat 6D on 787-9. Lady in 6E wants me to swap with her husband, I quickly refuse, suggesting that she could swap with her husband’s seatmate instead. Immediate tantrum calling me rude. Not a millennial, at least in 50s. Her husband manages to switch up to 6B, and sits there & calls me a ‘tool’ many times. I then hear that they have children back in coach+ who have trouble with the AVOD & need personal attention. She made sure to tell me she was GS. I fear for the future.
GS? So presumably flies a fair bit and is incapable of sitting beside a stranger? No harm in asking and you replied. Should have been the end of the conversation.

I too would not swap from 6D or 6E, especially as those middle seats are made for people not travelling together.

if in her 50s, then unless IVF babies or surrogate pregnancy, children should have been perfectly capable of working the technology. Also, interesting she could not sit without her husband (who switched into a good seat!) but she did not feel the need for a parent to sit with one of the "children".

Sure she was GS and not GE?

I am not sure how I would respond if someone kept calling me a tool, but guess headphones would go a long way.