FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant and humiliating FA service in domestic First.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:04 pm
arttravel

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by danosu77
I have noticed the same thing on United. I was on a paid ticket and I watched them clear over half of the cabin at the gate. Unfortunately, as someone with no United status, I received last choice of meal. I also found the same attitude - you don't have status - oh well. Rather than complain, I just shifted all of my non-AA flying to Delta.

Last year I was on Delta first class JFK to SEA— but not Delta One, bought 2 days before departure and had no status on Delta. Did not get a meal choice and what was left was something I do not eat. I know one person that was status upgrade that was for meal choice before me as I stood next to the person in security line and heard the complaints of not yet clearing the upgrade list. I declined the meal and asked for a snack box from Economy and was told by the head flight attendant that I would have to pay for it.

I wish there was advance meal selection on all first class flights.

No excuse for what the OP went through but it is not just UA, although I was not addressed in such an unprofessional manner.