FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:09 pm
ibopm

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
APEC interview happened but no update on dashboard

Am Canadian, and my NEXUS is expiring next year, so I figured I'd go online and see what's up. I found that I could apply for an APEC card so I decided to do that while also submitting the renewal for NEXUS. So eventually (around September/October of this year),
  • For my NEXUS, I was at the "Wait for conditional approval" stage
  • For my APEC, I was "Schedule interview" stage
I scheduled my APEC interview for mid-November and I went. While I was there, I asked if I could also do the NEXUS renewal interview as well (since I was there anyway) and they said no and that I would have to come back later. Anyway, after a month or so, I get a card in the mail and it's my newly renewed NEXUS card with no mention of the APEC card. I went online onto the dashboard and my APEC interview is still in the "Conditionally Approved" stage. I'm even given an option to reschedule or cancel an interview (even though I already had the interview!).

Did someone in the government mix something up? Or is this just messy handling on their part and that I should just keep waiting for the APEC?