FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Service Cutbacks -Basic Econ etc. should be illegal
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:38 pm
Proudelitist
Suspended

Originally Posted by danielonn
. These Low Cost Carriers not offering complimentary beverages should be illegal.

Not sure you understand how LCC's work. They can offer lower ticket prices because they save money on not offering food or drinks. If they started doing that, they would have to up the ticket prices.

This is a buyer beware situation. Or as the old adage goes, "buy cheap, get cheap". Seriously, would you walk into McDonalds and complain that they don't offer table cloths and candles? PAX are adults and should know what they are getting into. If they don't , it's not the airline's fault. Complaining about upsell costs on Spirit Airlines is about as sensible as complaining that your Chevy Aveo doesn't have heated and cooled massaging seats.

But I agree on the part about making airtravel more like it was in the 80's. I am completely for taking it back up market so it is affordable to a better class of people. I could still afford it..but those burger king toting, mouth breathing, high bmi pax who use garbage bags as luggage couldn't. That would be amazing! But I am realistic about it too..market share is more imporantant as a profit generator than premium pricing. You don't make money without volume, and no frills is a high volume product.