FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tmobile now has App That Will Provision New Prepaid Service with an ESIM
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:39 pm
LordHamster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by tai4de2
I did not find the hack instructions on reddit to move a postpaid T-Mo line to eSIM to be painful at all.

Quick chat with customer service, an email, and typing a couple of strings into a form... done.

I am using two T-Mo lines in my phone now, and will try T-Mo plus Thai SIM (for data) next week.
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I'm not Tmobile fan boy - but I don't see how Tmobile can be guilty of a failure to communicate info about a service (ESIM other than through the app for prepaid lines) that it has not yet chosen to offer.
That is just it. T-Mobile loudly proclaimed from the rooftops for MONTHS that they would be supporting E-sim as soon as iOS 12.1 came out. They then fell silent for a while after the 12.1 release, and said it was delayed to end of year. Now near the end of the year, they have released this pathetic app which only works for NEW pre-paid lines.... and when asked publicly about e-sim for all existing subscribers the CEO says "use the digits feature"... with no further indications of when, or IF the E-sim feature would come out.

A little clarification on this would go a long way. Meanwhile both AT&T and Verizon have been much better at planning for this feature, releasing , and communicating it.