FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:31 am
Diabeetus

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
RE: Pre-Order Meals....Asking Again
I would enjoy having this too.

A simple program to start would be okay by me - be able to pre-select and confirm your meal choice.

I don't need a custom cooked meal... though it would be nice.

As a SE, getting my meal choice is not hard. That said, it doesn't always work out that way. Also, when I travel with family they sometimes don't get their first choice. If people that are already booked into J can prebook their #1 meal choice, then that would help with overall pax satisfaction. I've seen a lot of pax get upset about not being able to get their #1 meal choice.

When we flew from Hawaii this year, the couple in front of my daughter and I were annoyed that they didn't get their #1 meal choice (AC Rouge J...). And complained loudly that they were "full fare business class" and also asked why they didn't get asked before the people behind them (My daughter and I got asked for meal choices first out of the cabin).

Another time flying to HKG, one middle aged man got very confrontational with the SD because the *beef* option was no longer available. Full out temper tantrum. The pax beside him gave up his beef selection to appease the cry baby. (all that over an overcooked puck of beef).

If pax could prebook their meal selection, then it would avoid situations like the above 2.

Last edited by Diabeetus; Dec 20, 2018 at 9:33 am Reason: grammar