FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milestone Rewards
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:34 am
uppereastsider

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by hailstorm
And you'd have to stay at a Cat 4 to get the most value out of it, and that makes up maybe 10% of Hyatt's portfolio (never stayed at a Cat 4 myself...don't think they exist in Japan?) Plus the fact that points are essentially eternal for a Globalist.

You might convince me that a Cat 1-4 free night is worth 6000 points, but ...
HR Tokyo is a category 3 in Japan (great value). The HR in Okinawa is cat 4

I routinely use my free cat 1-4 night at the HR Boston where I’ve had room rates for 550/night and used the award. I’ve also used it for a Guest or Honor (free night coupons work with it) for my friend staying in Bangkok for the GH Bangkok there. The HR Amsterdam would be a good use of it as well.

Ive used the feee cat 1-7 award each year at the Hyatt ziva Cancun and have started a tradition of booking that in a January after I get the award. Right now that room rate is 500/night.

For me, these are very nice substitutes vs the diamond amenity award, especially since I do a lot of HH/HPs in rural towns I visit for work, so I’d only be getting 500 points. On the flip side tho. I did do 82 nights this year, so maybe my math sucks and I would have done better with the amenity