FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FROM ALASKA TO AUSTRALIA : In Hot Pursuit of my 198th, 199th and 200th Airlines Flown
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:28 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Thanks for this report. I'm impressed by both your choice of airlines and your schedule. It helps when one travels in style though. I couldn't help thinking of Alaska's Persian Spiced Chicken, I can imagine the conversations if it had been named Iranian Spiced Chicken instead. I also realize I have missed an opportunity to fly an interesting airline between SIN and KUL. I have own travel lined up early next year onboard Scoot but Uzbekistan or Air Mauritius would have been something else.
Thanks, Fredrik! Short 5th Freedom markets like SIN to KUL provide an excellent opportunity to inexpensively fly on some fairly exotic airlines by Western standards. I paid about $70 USD each for those flights on Uzbekistan Airways and Air Mauritius. Actually, if you have some time to look around, you'll find some pretty good deals all around southeast Asia. SIN to CGK yields some good deals as does BKK to HKG. Last year I paid $83.00 for a flight aboard an Ethiopian 787 between Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.

Originally Posted by pjs
As always - my favorite rabbit hole on FT. Thanks for delaying my afternoon of work.
Thanks, pjs! Diminished productivity at work seems to be a common thread in response to my reports. Try forwarding a copy of one to the Boss!

Originally Posted by lowmiles
Thank you for the report! Wonderful read! Can't wait to get home and see the pictures since they're blocked at work.
Thanks, lowmiles! Hope you found the pictures worth the wait!

Originally Posted by cs57
Great writing style and pictures! Thank you for sharing with all of us! By the way, Bud Maytag was with Frontier and National Airlines.
Thanks, cs57! We miss you over at the OTAQ&D. And you're right on re. Louis "Bud" Maytag who was only 32 years old when he bought a controlling interest in Frontier Airlines and became its chairman. He took the reins at National just four years later.

Originally Posted by 757
Another great report, Seat 2A! What an amazing report and travels so far - I envy all your travel experiences. I would love to fly on some of these airlines so far profiled here!
Thanks, 757! I would like to think that the reports here at the Trip Report forum might prove inspirational to many visitors. Here's wishing you many exciting travels in the years ahead. ^

Originally Posted by HLT1904
hanks for the great trip report. My wife always asks why I like reading these and it is hard for her to understand. Although she has grown to appreciate me spending time on flyer talk to enjoy the finer travel experiences. Similar to your return from coach to the first class haven. Thank you for sharing, appreciate the well written report.
Thank you, HLT. I should imagine that if she hasn't already done so, Mrs. HLT might gain a greater appreciation for reading these trip reports after flying in international First Class herself. Here's hoping that happens often for you both in the coming years. ^

Last edited by Seat 2A; Dec 19, 2018 at 1:39 pm