FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FROM ALASKA TO AUSTRALIA : In Hot Pursuit of my 198th, 199th and 200th Airlines Flown
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:45 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I haven't read anything but the opening post yet but this is a real holiday treat! Congrats Seat 2A on one hell of an achievement. Time to tuck in and devour all of this. Just finished reading. What a lovely experience! So glad you found some fun airlines to cross the 200 barrier. I think I'm at a bare dozen. Emirates looked incredible as did JAL.
Thank you, MSY! This was a fun report to write. But then, aren't they all if you've got a good trip to write about. I've been fortunate to have traveled along some great itineraries over the years. I'm glad you enjoyed reading about this one.

Originally Posted by Madone59
Really great trip report Seat2A!! Congratulations on your 5,501st flight, and 200th airline Thank you for sharing and taking us along.
Thank you, Madone59! It's not often my trip reports warrant comment from a moderator, so double thanks for that! On to the next 200 airlines!

Originally Posted by rosensfole
Love the written style and graphical embellishments Mr. Seat2A! Another masterful and engaging report. Bravo. I can recommend you give the Air France La Premiere service (in the 773 though) a real good go. The lounge experience on its own is well worth the trip. This week will see me excise my craving for such excess
Thanks, Mr. R! I love the look of the new La Premiere suites and would love to fly in one someday. Unfortunately, Air France is no longer affiliated with Alaska's Mileage Plan so it could be awhile. In the meantime, here's wishing you a fantastic flight! ^

Originally Posted by Redwood839
What a fantastic trip report. I enjoyed reading every line, as always.
Given the overwhelming popularity of and instant gratification derived from photo reports, I've always wondered how many people actually read my complete reports. As one who prefers writing (I hesitate to call myself a writer just yet), I really appreciate the power of words to provide a more comprehensive view of flights, services and how I experienced them as opposed to a collection of photos with an occasional sentence or two. Then again, written reports take a lot longer to put together, not to mention read, so I completely understand why most people here favor a good photo report - of which there are many here at FT. Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Outstanding, Sir!
Thanks, G!