FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:48 am
dumba

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Oh no it didn't!...

Originally Posted by Concerto
Apparently the Melia Rewards points offer of 55,000 points resurfaced for one day last Friday, but at the higher price of GBP205. There was some talk (on HfP) that instead of the points from that offer being valid for just one year, that they are valid indefinitely as long as you complete a stay within a 12 month period. But I suspect the points are somehow ringfenced, as you can't turn those particular points in for airline miles. That suggest they are marked, somehow.

But my question is, what has happened to the buy points feature on Melia Rewards, once signed in? I couldn't find it anywhere, despite being signed in for a considerable length of time this evening and searching around for it. Withdrawn, maybe?
Oh my, you are right! I also can't see this option! It appears in the filter, but doesn't bring any results... In my case I can't buy more points because I exceeded my points purchasing limit for this year. Might this be the reason? Have you bought a lot of MeliaRewards points this year?
To find the 'Buy points' option one must go via points.com portal - there is a link to old design of Melia.com website and there is a 'Buy points' option available, but I see the message that I reached my limit for this year...
Let me know about your experience!