FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REPORT: Washington DC Hotels Part 1
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:44 am
BOStonTravels
Suspended

Programs: BA
Nicest hotel pool in the winter months

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

first time to DC? I would take a pass on the MO. I’ve never been a huge fan of its location and as a first time visitor it’s really not where you want to be. It feels so isolated and set apart. I don’t like the area at all. If you really want to be in the mix of things than the Hay Adams, intercontinental and StR are located where you want to be. I’ll put another plug for the PH in that you can walk to Georgetown, and walk to DuPont/Foggy Bottom which puts some solid restaurants within walking distance and the metro As well. Right where the PH is there isn’t much going on but it’s reasonable close to some stuff. As much as I love Georgetown I would pass for a first visit because it’s location is removed from the monuments....

fdw
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I’ll be trying the RC Georgetown and RC Washington in the spring. I’ve heard nice things. Curious to see how they measure up, to each other, to the problematic StR, and to the other top hotels in the city (HA, FS, Rosewood, MO, PH, Jefferson, IC Willard, etc.).
This is a very helpful thread. I have a stay in DC area coming up and as best I can tell none of the usual suspects appear to have indoor pools that seem that nice. I used to enjoy the PH when it was first refreshed but the pool is minuscule. I have a deep reaction to the Four Seasons in DC, the service is tops but for various personal reasons it really bothers me, as I feel the physical structure looks like a crematorium and the pool area like a dungeon. I dont like that the RC DC is a shared gym pool, it doesnt look nice at all for relaxing.

Wondering about the MO, it almost looks a little gym like as well? Based on photos it almost looks like the pool at the RC Tyson's Corner might be nicest, could this really be the case?

Anything else I overlooked? Thanks in advance, BT