FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World (Genuinely something new)
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:45 pm
SleepySynapse

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by sb1982
Any views if this new article from today is any more than pure speculation? Suggesting BA are going for some version of VantageXL in Club World:

“Exclusive: This WILL Be the Brand New British Airways New Club World Business Class Seat“
If we're getting an off-the-shelf product and not Q-Suites (which admittedly I haven't tried), I hope this is true.

The seat has easily-accessible storage areas (though no water bottle cupboard), doesn't have the same tiny foot-coffin restrictions* of so many J seats and, because the bed lowers closer to the floor, provides reasonable sleeping privacy to at least half the seats (and excellent privacy to some) without doors installed. Without doors the best seats in the cabin are, in my opinion, better than QR's non-Q-Suites (787, A350 etc), CX's A330/777, and AA's 773. With suite doors all seats would beat those products.

*it does have a foot cubby, but it's wide and tall. These images are from 2A of a Qantas domestic A332 (the same seat as the QF Dreamliner mentioned in the article). Although difficult to appreciate the size, this is a 15" MacBook Pro and size UK 9 feet. I'm six feet tall and, when reclined with my head touching the top wall, can't reach the far end of the foot cubby even when fully extending my feet.

Last edited by SleepySynapse; Dec 18, 2018 at 9:05 pm