FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1yr of diamond....0 upgrades, but got some free water bottles
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:57 pm
BlueZebra

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
As always happens in these "never get upgraded" threads (of which there are dozens), you need to look at the hotels involved. Not all hotels have Lounges. Embassy Suites doesn't typically have higher level rooms to upgrade to. More than water is not always a stated benefit in all Hilton Family members. Upgrades might be defined differently by hotels, and by you the customer- for example, being moved to a higher floor, or a slightly larger corner room might be an upgrade to the hotel, but not to you. I have only seen Diamond parking at one or two Hilton family members, and not at all hotels in those chains.

Do you ask when you arrive, or when you check in on line?

I agree the guaranteed breakfast is usually a very good perk, and I appreciate it. I get upgraded about 50% of the time, again, bearing mind some hotels don't necessarily have a room level to upgrade to, like many Hamptons and Hilton Garden Inns.. My Diamond status is mentioned probably 75% of the time.

Last edited by BlueZebra; Dec 17, 2018 at 6:43 pm