FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2018
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:25 am
watery

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Holiday Inn Express Shangdi Beijing

What is your Priority Club status?
Gold Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard and received a standard corner room (sort-of) which seems larger and has a cloakroom (but still standard because there's no fridge)

How are the rooms?
- Very warm by default but adjustable
- Bedside socket but no USB and it's off when you take the room card out.
- Adjustable massage shower head with LUX (brand) squeezy shampoo-bodywash mix; fluffy slippers
- A comfortable office chair
- The rollaway bed I requested is the sofa bed which is thin but comfy enough.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- Gold elite recognition with fruit plate in room and canned drinks for all three guests
- Above standard breakfast spread with freshly made eggs and noodles, hot dishes and local delicacies
- A convenience store within 1 minute reach
- There's a shuttle service in the morning to nearby tech companies, so that should be good for businessmen.
Meh:
- While my reservation has 3 persons in a room and rollaway bed set, there are only 2 sets of amenities like towels (yes there's a third duvet but no extra pillow? Really?) A simple call to reception has solved the issue though, so that's just a minor issue.
​​​​​​- It's not far from Yuanmingyuan (old summer palace) but it's still the edge of the town, so proximity to public transport doesn't help to cut the time to major attractions.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Rates especially the elite weekend promotion is so cheap, that I am happy to take taxis to overcome its location. Will return if I'm happy to stay at city northwest.