FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:00 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Joshm300
....the next bit annoyed me even more.

She then set about talking to an immaculately behaved/polite little boy in 10F who was sat in a line with his family and must have been about 8. She told him that he really should move to 11E as it was unfair that she had to sit with her child on her lap (despite having paid for 1 seat) and that it would be very helpful if he moved. After a bit more guilt tripping/persuading he politely agreed to move away from his family to the row behind. The DYKWIA then beckoned over the crew to say "This little girl (the boy was wearing a turban) has agreed to move, please help her do this". He then confirmed to the lady that he was in fact a boy. It was only as the crew were helping him move, and the DYKWIA was installing her infant in 10F, that his mother realised what was going on and didn't look too happy, but decided not to have the fight - I saw her discussing the issue with the crew later in the journey.
I agree, this is pretty disgusting behaviour, a grown adult directly talking to and guilt tripping a small child to move. Any conversation of that kind regarding moving the child should only have been addressed to the parents or to cc.

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 17, 2018 at 7:06 am